Causes of diseases of the reproductive system in men.
Among the main causes of the defeat of the male reproductive system especially allocate infection. Among the infections that cause these diseases are the following: non-specific, they include staphylococcus, streptococcus, E. coli, Proteus, granderelly, viruses (influenza, herpes, acute respiratory infections, the virus herpes zoster, cytomegalovirus), mycoplasma, chlamydia and specific infections, which includes gonococcus, Trichomonas, mycobacterium tuberculosis, pale treponema (all of these microorganisms cause prostatitis, urethritis, and a number of other diseases of the reproductive system in men). Also include micro-organisms can be identified radiant fungus that cause actinomycosis, but it is quite rare.
- All of these infections are rising, they comes from the outside, most often through sexual contact, catheterization, less common hematogenous route, ie through the blood, such as chronic infection foci (tonsils, sinuses and others). Among other reasons, this anomalies and malformations of the male genital organs.
- The causes of male genital organs cancer (prostate cancer) most often an imbalance of circulating sex hormones, which occurs during the aging process, and the factors contributing to the development of prostate cancer are race – Negroid, genetic predisposition, cadmium, large intake of animal fats) age and normal functional status of the testicles (the factor of development of prostatic adenoma).
Here it should be noted that race, ethnicity, genetic factors, eating habits, sexual activity, smoking, diabetes, hypertension, liver disease is not the cause of adenoma predstvatelnoy cancer.
- The factors that cause testicular cancer include cryptorchidism, testicular injury, microwave and ionizing radiation (causes cancer of the penis), phimosis, chronic inflammatory processes in the head.
- The reasons for the development of inflammatory diseases of male genital organs must be attributed stagnant (secretions or blood) phenomenon, which may occur due to low sexual activity, enhanced sexual activity, but is accompanied by interrupted intercourse, alcohol abuse, smoking.
- Diseases of other organs and systems that are the causes of diseases of the male reproductive system, particularly erectile dysfunction, these include atherosclerosis, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, depression, neurosis, illness or injury of the spine and spinal cord.
- Also, smoking and certain medications cause a decrease in sexual function.
Symptoms of diseases of the male reproductive system.
They can be divided into several groups. The first group includes changes in the external genitalia that are identified during the inspection and palpation.
On examination of the penis can be identified microfoam (the size of the penis during erection less than 9 cm) megalopenis (as a symptom of hyperactivity of the adrenal cortex) abnormal increase in the penis (with priapism, if painful on palpation, the possibility of injury), penile curvature (if painful , we can assume the presence of Peyronie’s disease).
- Scrotum, increasing it can be unilateral or bilateral pain on palpation will testify to the inflammatory process in appendages or eggs, if not pain, it can be assumed about elephantiasis and hydrocele. The absence of both testes in the scrotum says bilateral cryptorchidism or testicular agenesis.
- The second group of symptoms must be attributed common manifestations, it may have a fever (increased body temperature in inflammatory processes), weight loss (malignancy), gynecomastia in men (it may be the result of estrogen therapy for prostate cancer, or testicular tumors).
- Next, the third symptom – is a pain. In diseases of the reproductive system can localize the pain in the perineum and vulva. In acute urethritis pain occurs during urination, usually they are very sharp and painful. Aching and curvature of the penis marked at its fibrous induration.
- Next symptom – urination disorders, diseases of the male reproductive system causes disorder: frequent urination at night (maybe with tumors of the prostate), urinary incontinence (for prostate cancer), difficulty urinating (for diseases of the prostate), polyuria (for prostate cancer ).
- Fifth sign – changes in urine, can vary the transparency of urine (becomes cloudy with inflammatory changes in the male reproductive system), you may receive blood in the urine of malignancy.
- And sixth symptom, abnormal discharge from the urethra and changes in sperm. Purulent urethritis are at, spermatorrhea (loss of semen without erection, orgasm and ejaculation – with severe spinal cord lesions) prostatoreya (selection at the end of urination or defecation prostatic secretions, without admixture of sperm, is in diseases of the prostate gland).
Changes in sperm, normally in 1 ml of ejaculate in men contains not less than 20 million sperm, more than 50% mobile. Aspermia – lack of ejaculation during intercourse (may be when plugging vas deferens), oligozoospermia – insufficient spermatozoa in 1 ml of semen at least 20 million (underdevelopment, hypoplasia of the testes, cryptorchidism, the result of infectious diseases, intoxication nicotine, alcohol, drugs), asthenozoospermia – insufficient number of motile sperm, teratozoospermia – insufficient number of sperm with normal morphology, azoospermia – no sperm in the ejaculate (atrophy of the seminiferous tubules, varicocele, the result of inflammatory diseases of the testis), nekrospermiya – the sperm are in the ejaculate in sufficient quantities are fixed, and their activity can not be restored (pathology of epididymis, inflammatory changes in the prostate and seminal vesicles) gemospermiya – presence of blood in semen (cancer of the prostate, vesicles).